Composition, structure, and age of the pre-Jurassic basement rocks in the northeastern framing of the Krasnoleninsky anticlinal fold
The paper presents the results of the unique detailed studies (mineralogical and petrographical, petrological and geochemical (LAICP-MS method), isotopic geochronological, and palynological) of the pre-Jurassic basement rocks from the north-eastern margins of the Krasnoleninsky anticlinal fold. Medium-scale geological scheme of pre-Jurassic basement architecture was created for the north-eastern framing of the Krasnoleninsky anticlinal fold. Three structural and facies zones are identified within the area: one volcanogenic and two metamorphic; different composition, structure, and age of rocks are typical of them. They have their own geological history and represent separate blocks — terranes bounded by regional faults. Documented and examined in detail 5350 m of core taken in the course of dense drilling together with geochronological data on the volcanogenic rocks revealed the fundamental difference from the existing view on composition and architecture of the sequence. The acidic composition of volcanites is ascertained rather than previously considered basic one. Imbricated thrusts are well represented in the volcanogenic sequence, while previous investigations reported about the conformable continuous volcanite beds infilling the graben-type structure. It is found that volcanogenic sequence was formed involving the ancient sialic crust; but the rocks of metamorphic blocks do not belong to this sequence. Conformity of volcanites geochemical features with geodynamic settings of the continental transform margin is established, so the question of validity of the sequence attribution to intermediate pre-Jurassic basement sequence yet remains.
Key words: structural and facies zones; geodynamic settings; absolute age; Krasnoleninsky anticlinal fold.
For citation: Shadrina S.V. Composition, structure, and age of the pre-Jurassic basement rocks in the north-eastern framing of the Krasnoleninsky anticlinal fold. Geologiya nefti i gaza. 2018;(4):27–33. DOI: 10.31087/0016-7894-2018-4-27-33.
1. Shadrina S.V. Volcanites of Rogozhnikovsky License Area (western margins of the West Siberian geosyneclise) Materialy Vserossiiskoi petrograficheskoi konferentsii «Petrologiya magmaticheskikh i metamorficheskikh kompleksov» (Tomsk, 25–28 November 2009). – Tomsk: Izd-vo Tomskogo TSNTI; 2009. Issue 7. pp. 325–327.
2. Shadrina S.V., Kritskii I.L. Geodynamic settings of ancient continental margins, problems of their diagnostics and reconstruction (Western Siberia). Vseros. konf. po glubinnomu genezisu nefti (1 Kudryavtsevskie chteniya) (Moscow, TSGE, 22–25 Oktober, 2012). Moscow; 2012.
3. Shadrina S.V., Kritskiy I.L. The formation of volcanogenic reservoir by hydrothermal fluid. Neftyanoe khozyaistvo. 2012;(8):18–21.
4. Pearce J.A., Parkinson I.J. Trace element model for mantle melting: Application to volcanic arc petrogenesis. Geol. Soc. London, Spec. Publ. 1993;76(1):373–403.
5. Hasttie A.R., Kerr A.C., Pearce J.A., Mitchell S.F. Classification of Altered Volcanic Island Arc Rocks using Immobile Trace Elements: Development of the Th-Co Discrimination Diagram. J. Petrol. 2007;48:2341–2357.
6. Chen X., Liangshu Shu, Santosh M., Xixi Zhao. Island arc-type bimodal magmatism in the eastern Tianshan Belt, Northwest China: Geochemistry, zircon U-Pb geochronology and implications for the Paleozoic crustal evolution in Central Asia. Lithos. 2013;168–169:48–66. DOI: 10.1016/j.lithos.2012.10.006
7. Golubeva E.A., Krinochkin V.G. Geoseismic structure of pre-Jurassic basement in Rogozhnikovsky area. Vestnik nedropol'zovatelya Khanty-Mansiiskogo Avtonomnogo Okruga. 2001;(6):36–45.
8. Fedorov Yu.N., Krinochkin V.G., Ivanov K.S., Krasnobaev A.A., Kaleganov B.A. Stages of tectonic reactivation of the West Siberian platform (based on K-Ar dating). Doklady Earth Sciences. 2004;397(5);628–631.
9. Bochkarev V.S., Brekhuntsov A.M., Kurchikov A.R. New aspects of oil generation and geodynamics in view of isotope and geochemical studies of zircon by the example of West Siberian petroleum province. Gornye vedomosti. 2010;(6):32–42.
10. Buslov M.M. Tectonic zoning and geodynamics of the Central Asian Vendian-Palaeozoic fold belts and West Siberian sedimentary basin. Materialy Vserossiiskoi nauchnoi konferentsii s uchastiem inostrannykh uchenykh «Fundament, struktury obramleniya Zapadno-Sibirskogo mezozoisko-kainozoiskogo osadochnogo basseina, ikh geodinamicheskaya evolyutsiya i problemy neftegazonosnosti» (Tyumen', September, 29 – Oktober, 2, 2008). – Novosibirsk: Izd-vo Parallel', 2008. pp. 32–35.
11. Ivanov K.S., Erokhin Yu.V., Pisetskii V.B. et al. New data of the West Siberian plate’s basement structure. Litosphere. 2012;(4):91–106.
12. Ivanov K.S., Erokhin Yu.V., Fedorov Yu.N. Age of West Siberian basement granitoids in the Nyalinsky area. Trudy IGGUrO RAN. Ezhegodnik-2011. 2012. Issue 159. pp. 207–210.
S.V. Shadrina Scopus
Surgutneftegaz, Tyumen, Russia;