E.B. Grunis, I.A. Marаkova, V.B. Rostovshchikov
New approach to hydrocarbon exploration in Permian terrigenous formations of the north-eastern part of the Timan-Pechora Province
The paper discusses a new approach to hydrocarbon exploration in the Permian terrigenous formations. Geological and geophysical materials of various years are analysed; model of the Permian series is created; formation conditions for different types of traps and hydrocarbon reservoirs are ascertained. Studies and analysis of formation mechanism for different types of traps within the facies and dynamic zones of activity and stability made possible their typification and subsequent classification taking into account a genetic type of structural form of the upper impermeable bed, morphology, and manifestation of Permian terrigenous formations in the wavefield. The studies resulted in the development of the prospecting morphogenetic classification of different trap types; this classification can be used for traps prediction and identification in the early exploration stages within the north-eastern part of the Timan-Pechora Province. Zones of concentration of traps having different genesis are identified with the purpose to predict oil and gas occurrence within the Permian terrigenous formations in the north-eastern part of the Timan-Pechora Province. Particularity of
the paper is in the algorithm of a new prediction methodology described, which will allow revising the petroleum potential of the north-eastern part of the Timan-Pechora Province, including the Arctic shelf. The developed methodology allows revising the petroleum potential and estimating the undiscovered hydrocarbon resources in the underexplored but highly promising hydrocarbon play, determining the prospecting vectors and efficient complex of exploration activities in the north-eastern part of the Timan-Pechora
Province, including the Arctic shelf.
Key words: new approach; methodology; formation conditions; geological model; energy zones; trap; reservoir.
For citation: Grunis E.B., Marаkova I.A., Rostovshchikov V.B. New approach to hydrocarbon exploration in Permian terrigenous formations of the north-eastern part of the Timan-Pechora Province. Geologiya nefti i gaza. 2018;(5):75–86. DOI: 10.31087/0016-7894-2018-5-75-86.
1. Teplov E.L., Kostygova P.K., Larionova Z.V. i et al. Natural reservoirs of hydrocarbon plays in the Timan-Pechora Province. St. Petersburg : OOO “Renome”; 2011. 286 p.
2. Marakova I.A. Methodology of tectonic-facies and dynamic prediction of hydrocarbon traps in terrigenous formations by the example of the north-eastern part of the Timan-Pechora Province. In: N.D. Tskhadaya, ed. Rassokhinskie chteniya: Materialy mezhdunarodnoi konferentsii (1–2 february 2018): v 2 ch. Сh. 1. Ukhta: UGTU; 2018. pp. 75–79.
3. Dmitrievskii A.N., Volozh Yu.A. Basin analysis (systems approach). Osadochnye basseiny, sedimentatsionnye i postsedimentatsionnye protsessy v geologicheskoi istorii. Materialy VII Vserossiiskogo litologicheskogo soveshchaniya (Novosibirsk, 28–31 October 2013): v 3 t. T. 1. Novosibirsk: INGG SO RAN; 2013. pp. 278–280.
4. Marakova I.A. Different types of traps within the Permian terrigenous formations in the north-eastern part of the Timan-Pechora Province: formation conditions and distribution patterns. Struktura, veshchestvo, istoriya litosfery Timano-Severoural'skogo segmenta: Sbornik materialov 25-i nauchnoi konferentsii (Syktyvkar, 29 November –1 December 2016). Syktyvkar: Geoprint; 2016. pp. 118–112.
5. Marakova I.A. Conditions and stages of formation traps in the Permian clastic sediments in the northeastern part of the Timan-Pechora province. Resursy Evropeiskogo Severa. Tekhnologii i ekonomika osvoeniya. 2017;(1):108–122.
6. Marakova I.A., Rostovshchikov V.B. Traps within the Permian terrigenous formations in the north-eastern part of the Timan-Pechora Province: formation conditions and criteria of HC pools integrity. Novye idei v naukakh o Zemle: Sbornik dokladov XIII Mezhdunarodnoi nauchno-prakticheskoi konferentsii (5–7 April, 2017): v 2 t. T. 1. Moscow: MGRI-RGGU; 2017. pp. 111–112.
7. Grunis E.B., Marakova I.A., Rostovshchikov V.B. Structural features and formation conditions of the Permian terrigenous sequence and stages of non-anticlinal trap formation in the northeastern part of the Timan-Pechora province. Geologiya nefti i gaza. 2017;(1):13–25.
8. Selli R.Ch. The ancient depositional settings: translated from the English. Translated by Nikonov A.A., Nikonova K.I. Moscow: Nedra; 1989. 294 p.
9. Marakova I.A. Formation of the Korotaikhinsky depression in Permian time in relation to prediction of deltaic sequences development. Konferentsiya NEFT' I GAZ 2016: Sbornik trudov Moscow: Izdatel'skii tsentr RGU nefti i gaza (NIU) imeni I. M. Gubkina; 2016. pp. 25–33.
10. Gavrilov V.P. Geodynamic approaches to the problem of oil and gas origin. Geologiya, geofizika i razrabotka neftyanykh i gazovykh mestorozhdenii. 2010;(7):15–22.
11. Senin S.V., Marakova I.A., Ovcharova T.A. Evaluation of formation conditions and integrity of hydrocarbon reservoirs in the Korotaikhinsky and Kosju-Rogovsky depressions. In: N.D. Tskhadaya, ed. Rassokhinskie chteniya – 2017: Sbornik materialov mezhdunarodnoi konferentsii (2–3 February 2017): v 2 ch. Ch 1. Ukhta: UGTU; 2017. pp. 119–124.
12. Prishchepa O.M., Bogatskii V.I., Grokhotov E.I. The updated geological model of the northern Timan-Pechora Petroleum Province, including the Pechora Sea waters. Materialy 6-i nauchno-prakticheskoi konferentsii EAGO (22.05–27.05. 2016 g.): «Geokrym – 2016. Problemy neftegazovoi geologii i geofiziki». Alushta : EAGO; 2016. 1 CD.
E.B. Grunis Scopus
FGBU «All-Russian Research Geological Oil Institute», Moscow, Russia;
Ukhta state technical university, Ukhta, Russia;
Ukhta state technical university, Ukhta, Russia;