Palaezoic-Triassic play opportunities in the north of Western Siberia
Palaezoic-Triassic play is a complicated geological object. Confirmability of forecasts for commercial hydrocarbon accumulations within the deep horizons is low, so the need in comprehensive studies of geological architecture of the areas under investigation arises together with identification of geological parameters, which allow substantiating the economic significance of oil and gas bearing objects. Integrated analysis of geological data obtained during deep drilling and seismic exploration in the West Siberian north resulted in building a schematic map of depth zones of pre-Jurassic Top within the Palaeozoic-Triassic play. Main parameters of commercial hydrocarbon charge were determined, such as HC pools association with anticlinal structures having depths ranging from 2500 to 3000 m, presence of efficient porous-fractured reservoirs and abnormal formation pressure (anomaly ration exceeding 1.5). Relying on the conducted studies, the probable trends of commercial petroleum potential of pre-Jurassic deposits are noted within the western and southern parts of the Nadym-Pur interfluve on the structures with higher tectonic activity.
Key words: deep horizons; ultradeep drilling; Palaezoic-Triassic play; Top of pre-Jurassic deposits.
For citation: Gladysheva Ya.I. Palaezoic-Triassic play and its opportunities in the north of Western Siberia. Geologiya nefti i gaza = Oil and gas geology. 2018;(4):35–38. DOI: 10.31087/0016-7894-2018-4-35-38.
1. Gurari F.G., Devyatov V.P., Demin V.I., Ekhanin A.E., Kazakov A.M., Kasatkina G.V., Kurushin N.I., Mogucheva N.K., Sap'yanik V.V., Serebrennikova O.V., Smirnov L.V., Smirnova L.G., Surkov V.S., Sysolova G.G., Shiganova O.V. Geological Structure and Hydrocarbon Potential of the Lower –Middle Jurassic in the West Siberian Province. Novosibirsk: Nauka; 156 p.
2. Surkov V.S., Zhero O.G. West Siberian Plate: basement and evolution of sedimentary cover. Moscow: Nedra; 1981. 143 p.
3. Kleshchev K.A., Shein V.S. Petroleum potential of basement in Western Siberia. Moscow: VNIGNI; 2004. 214 p.
4. Skorobogatov V.A., Stroganov L.V., Kopeev V.D. Geological structure and gas and oil presence on Yamal Peninsula. Moscow: Nedra-Biznestsentr; 2003. 352 p.
5. Eaton B.А. Graphical method predicts geopressure worldwide. World Oil. 1972;182(51–56).
Gazprom geologorazvedka, Tyumen, Russia;