Geological model of the Pre-Yenisei Proterozoic – Palaeozoic sedimentary basin in the south-east of the West Siberian Province
On the results of regional seismic surveys and drilling wells, the development of gently dislocated Upper Proterozoic and Lower Palaeozoic deposits of sub‑platform type is substantiated; they occur below the Mesozoic‑Cenozoic sedimentary cover in the east of the West Siberian geosyneclise and form the Pre‑Yenisei sedimentary basin. Integrated analysis of new geological and geophysical data, including geoseismic sections, depth and geological maps, allowed updating a geoseismic model of sedimentary sequences. The paper discusses geodynamic evolution of western margin of the Siberian Craton during Neoproterozoic and Palaeozoic. Geological model is substantiated, which considers the Upper Proterozoic ‑ Palaeozoic sedimentary sequence as the cover‑belonging formations of the Kassky‑Turukhansky microcontinent (solid massif) identi fied here. As a result of collision processes in Cryogenian, it was consolidated with marginal parts of the Siberian Platform, and from the Late Neoproterozoic they were developing as a single structure. According to this interpretation, in the Cambrian the western regions of the basin made a part of the active margin of the backarc (marginal) basin; in its back part it was changing to epiplatform basin. Backstripping for Vendian and Cambrian stages was conducted, as well as lithofacies analysis of prospective reservoirs in sedimentary sequences of the basin. Analysis of sedimentary deposits downwarping according to geothermal gradients and pyrolysis studies of organic matter allowed updating the historical context of prospective hydrocarbon pools generation and preservation. The preliminary prediction of hydrocarbon potential of the basin was performed.
Key words: Western Siberia; Pre-Yenisei sedimentary basin; Upper Proterozoic-Palaeozoic deposits; backstripping; hydrocarbon potential.
For citation: Fillipov Yu.F. Geological model of the Pre‑Yenisei Proterozoic – Palaeozoic sedimentary basin in the south‑east of the West Siberian Province. Geologiya nefti i gaza. 2018;(4):53–62. DOI: 10.31087/0016‑7894‑2018‑4‑53‑62.
1. Kontorovich A.E., Kontorovich V.A., Filippov Yu.F., Belyaev S.Yu., Burshtein L.M., Val'chak V.I., Evgrafov A.A., Efimov A.S., Kashtanov V.A., Kontorovich A.A., Petrov V.N., Khomenko A.V. Pre-Yenisei petroleum subprovince as a new promising exploration target in Siberia. Geologiya, geofizika i razrabotka neftyanykh i gazovykh mestorozhdenii. 2006;(5–6):9–23.
2. Filippov Yu.F. The Fore-Yenisei sedimentary basin: Seismic-geological model and geodynamic history. Russian Geology and Geophysics. 2017;58(3–4):371–383. DOI: 10.1016/j.rgg.2016.09.012
3. Saraev S.V., Filippov Yu.F., Baturina T.P. Vendian and Cambrian paleogeography of the Pre-Yenisei sedimentary basin. Osadochnye basseiny, sedimentatsionnye i postsedimentatsionnye protsessy v geologicheskoi istorii: mat-ly VII Vserossiiskogo litologicheskogo soveshchaniya (Novosibirsk, 28–31 oktyabrya 2013). Novosibirsk: Izd-vo INGG SO RAN; 2013. Vol. 3. pp. 73–76.
4. Vernikovskii V.A., Vernikovskaya A.E., Nozhkin A.D., Ponomarchuk V.A. Riphean ophiolite of the Isakovsky Belt, the Yenisei Ridge. Geologiya i geofizika. 1994;35(7–8):169–181.
5. Volobuev M.I. Riphean ophiolite series of the Yenisei Ridge. Geotektonika. 1993;(6):82–87.
6. Surkov V.S., Korobeinikov V.P., Krylov S.V. Grishin M.P., Kraevskii B.G., Larichev A.I. Geodynamic and sedimentary settings of Riphean plays formation in the western margin of the Siberian paleocontinent. Geologiya i geofizika. 1996;37(8):154–165.
7. Vernikovskii V.A., Kazanskii A.Yu., Matushkin N.Yu., Metelkin D.V., Sovetov Yu.K. The geodynamic evolution of the folded framing and the western margin of the Siberian craton in the Neoproterozoic: eological, structural, sedimentological, geochronological, and paleomagnetic data. Russian Geology and Geophysics. 2009;50(4):372–387.
8. Kontorovich A.E., Saraev S.V., Kazanskii A.Yu., Kashtanov V.A., Kontorovich V.A., Ponomarchuk V.A., Tishchenko V.M., Filippov Yu.F. New Cambrian terrigenous-volcanogenic section and position of the western border of Siberian Platform (on the results of stratigraphic drilling in the Vezdekhodny area, Tomsk Oblast). Geologiya i geofizika. 1999;40(7):1022–1031.
9. Filippov Yu.F., Lapkovskii V.V., Lunev B.V. Numerical modeling of salt tectogenesis in the Cambrian deposits of the cis-Yenisei sedimentary basin (PR3-PZ) (West Siberia). Russian Geology and Geophysics. 2009;50(2):96-103. DOI: 10.1016/j.rgg.2008.08.001
10. Kontorovich A.E., Kostireva E.A. Cambrian naphthydes of Enisei subprovince. Geologiya nefti i gaza. 2011;(5):73–77.
11. Kontorovich A.E., Kostyreva E.A., Saraev S.V., Melenevskii V.N., Fomin A.N. The geochemistry of Cambrian organic matter from the Cis-Yenisei subprovince (evidence from the wells Vostok-1 and Vostok-3). Russian Geology and Geophysics. 2011;52(6):571–582. DOI: 10.1016/j.rgg.2011.05.001
12. Kontorovich A.E., Kostyreva E.A., Saraev S.V., Melenevskii V.N., Fomin A.N. The lithology and organic geochemistry of the Vendian deposits in the Cis-Yenisei subprovince (from the results of the well Vostok-3). Russian Geology and Geophysics. 2011;(9):955–962. DOI: 10.1016/j.rgg.2011.08.002
IPGG SB RAS, Novosibirsk, Russia;